Your trust and confidence are our highest priority. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, please do not use the Site.
What Information is or may be collected from you?
We receive and store information in a variety of ways when you interact with us. Our purpose is to allow the Site to work correctly, to evaluate the use of the Site, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns.
You provide information to us when you:
- Search for products or services on our Site;
- Fill in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use the Site and other co- registrations (e.g. social media logins), subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services;
- Sign up to receive our website’s newsletters and/or periodic email notifications with special offers;
- Place an order with us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, giveaway, promotion, or survey or otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication;
- Sell your products or services on or through our Services;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Create wish lists or gift registries;
- Participate in community features, provide and rate customer reviews;
- Specify a special occasion reminder; or
- Employ product availability alerts, such as available to order notifications.
- Provide your email address to a third party and you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us.
As a result of these actions, you may supply us with information such as: your name; address, phone number; payment information; your age; your location; details of persons to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses) content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your Profile; images and videos stored in connection with our Services, VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations.
Information collected automatically:
- Details about your computer, including but not limited to the location of your device or computer, your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”); We use this technical information to, among other things, improve our products and services as well as to help us administer our website and diagnose technical problems. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, including information about your internet service provider;
- Device / Service metrics (e.g., when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data,t he occurrences of technical errors, event failures, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files);
- Purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information from other sources:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some vendors with whom we may operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
- Search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Platform.
We also monitor customer traffic patterns and Site use, which enables us to improve the service we provide. We will collect only such information as is necessary and relevant to us to provide you with the services available on the Site.
Who collects the Information?
We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our Site. We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, on-line survey, or contest or any combination thereof.
Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
The Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites, which we do not own, manage or control and we urge you to study the privacy policies of such websites.
For what purposes do we use your Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and offers
- Provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the services
- Recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with our Services
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions
- Direct our efforts for product improvement
- To notify you about changes to our services
- Communicate with you in relation to our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat)
- Display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, the Site, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect from sellers’ information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes
- For any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform
We assure you that we will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties (except as provided in this Privacy Statement) without your consent. We and/or certain authorized third party service providers may use the personal information provided by you to provide you with the services, which are offered on the Site. From time to time we may reveal general statistical information about our Site and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of goods and services purchased, etc.
When do we share your Information?
We share your Information only as described below and with businesses that follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Statement:
Service Providers: We engage with other businesses (or individuals) who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers to perform functions on our behalf or to help us improve our product and service offerings and our Site. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, promoting and administrating sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions, and providing customer service. We may involve other businesses in your transactions, who may store your Information in a digital wallet to make your use of our Services more efficient. We may also receive Information from these businesses (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
In some cases, the Site and third-party service providers may share tracking information, including your IP address and we may provide information about your order to the website that has referred you to our Site (and the referral network utilized by such website) to facilitate calculation of any commissions payable by the Site. By using our Site, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
A website traffic and user behavior auditing system operated by Google Analytics is being used on this website. Please see the Google Analytics website for information about Google Analytics, the Google Analytics auditing system, and the Google Analytics privacy Statement.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Statement (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
Marketing and Promotional Offers: We may also use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and enhance your experience, service messages, new features, enhancements, special offers and events of interest. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone, in-app messages and news feed cards.
Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities, including competitions and promotions. For example, if you win a competition, you may be asked to provide further personal data to establish your eligibility and provide you with the prize. This Information may be collected by us or our co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. Note that you should review such third parties’ privacy policies to see how they may use any information that they collect.
Other websites: Our Site may have buttons, plugging and log-in interfaces from sites operated by third parties, as well as links and other connections to those sites. We refer to these buttons, plugging, login interfaces, links and other connections as “Links.” Links may include content from third-party Sites that are framed within our Site, such as the “Find us on Facebook” social plugin. If you click on a Link or input information on a framed Link on our Site, those third parties may receive information about you. As a result, you may wish to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how such information is collected and used.
If you click on or input information through certain Links on our website, we may have access to information related to your account with the third-party Site. This may include your profile information and privacy settings for that site.
While we encourage third parties with links on our Site to follow appropriate privacy standards and policies, we are not responsible for the actions of those parties, the content of their websites or any products or services they may offer.
Comments, Reviews and other Information: When using our Site you may have opportunities to post or submit comments, reviews, and other information to the publicly accessible pages on our website. When you post or submit such information it is done at your own risk, is made public, and is not subject to this privacy Statement.
Except as described in this privacy Statement, we will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure or for the following limited purposes:
- To comply with the law or with legal process, or with requests from law enforcement authorities.
- Protect and defend our rights and property. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the Site or protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
From time to time, our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites.
How do we store your information?
The Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the UAE. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UAE who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will store your Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise permitted or required by law. Your Information may be transferred, stored, processed and used by our affiliated companies and/or non-affiliated service providers in one or more countries outside your originating country. Your payment details may be transferred to and stored with our affiliated companies in order to, among other things, process your payment details and provide support services to you.
How do we protect your information?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, we have implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in place. For example, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with respective personnel on need to know basis to complete the transaction and to provide the services requested by you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it might be from our Site asking for your personal information, do not respond. We would not request your password, user name or credit card information through email.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. By using this Site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
How can you access and make changes to your Information?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings please contact our Customer Service or click the unsubscribe link within the email communication. We reserve the right to send you certain service related communication, considered to be a part of your realcart.me account without offering you the facility to opt-out. Please use the contact information provided below for the above purposes.
You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Site or full functionality.
Upon request, we will remove / block your personally identifiable information from our database, thereby canceling your registration. However, your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
How long do we keep your Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Statement, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or compliance reasons. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
What about changes to our Statement?
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies to all information that we have about you and your account. It is your obligation to regularly check the Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to change or update our policies at any time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this Site or upon the date designated by us as the “effective date”. Your continued use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement as so modified.
How can you get in touch with us?
You can send us your questions, offer your views or suggestions, if any, by submitting your feedback using the form in the Contact Us section or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.